Duel Systems has notified us of the DuelAdapter's End Of Life (EOL) status. The product is still available in limited quantities, and Duel Systems will honor warranties. There will NOT be driver updates to support Mac OS X 10.6 or above, nor support for Windows 7 or Vista/7 64-bit editions. Please bear this in mind when purchasing this item.
See our new product: ExpressCard 34 to PCMCIA PC CardBus 16/32-bit Read-Writer Express2PCC as a replacement for the DuelAdapter.
The ExpressCard to PCMCIA PC Card and CardBus Read-Writer DuelAdapter™ is designed to connect the new generation of ExpressCard equipped laptops with legacy PCMCIA 32-Bit PC CardBus and 16-Bit PC Cards. This cross-platform device seamlessly converts data at the highest throughput speed from PC Cards designed for cellular broadband, wireless networking, video, audio and memory expansion to the new ExpressCard format.
Using special electronics to convert PCMCIA PC Card input to an ExpressCard compatible signal, the adapter can reach transfer rates up to the full 2.5Gbit/sec supported by the ExpressCard interface--five times faster than USB 2.0. The adapter works with ExpressCard equipped laptops or desktops running Windows XP and Mac OS X operating systems. Installation is a snap and the DuelAdapter™ has been tested with a wide range of existing PC Cards including: Panasonic P2 cards, and 3G wireless cards from Sprint, Cingular, T-Mobile, and Verizon. If the drivers exist on a supported platform for a specific PC Card, then it should work without any issues. DuelAdapter™ comes with a one year limited warranty. Please check the Unsupported Systems List before purchasing.
|Part Number and Description
|EXP34-DA-001ExpressCard 34 to PCMCIA PC Card and CardBus Read-Writer DuelAdapter 1 Slot
PC Notebook users please check: Unsupported Systems List before purchasing
DuelAdapter not supported by Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
DuelAdapter is now at End Of Life, please see the notes at the top of this page!
For International Shipping or shipping other than USPS Priority Mail, please contact sales at firstname.lastname@example.org with billing/shipping addresses, items wanted, and the type of shipping desired. After calculating a total, we'll send you an invoice using Google Checkout's Email Invoice. Shop with confidence, Google Checkout is safe and secure. See what other people are saying about EverythingHerePlus.com's products and service. Please email us for more details or with any questions. You can also check out our site chat feature.
Features and Specifications
- Windows XP and Mac OS X compatible
- Works great with Panasonic P2 Cards!
- Fits in 34mm or 54mm ExpressCard slots
- Works with standard PCMCIA 32-Bit PC CardBus and 16-Bit PC Cards
- Connects PCMCIA PC Cards to ExpressCard equipped notebook and desktop computers
- Also works with CompactFlash, Memory Stick, MMC SD Card, and other consumer memory cards using suitable adapters
- Data transfer rate up to ExpressCard maximum, limited by PC Card application
- Convenient 2-part module with cable for easy desktop configuration
- Easy driver installation and set up
- Warranty Information
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- System Requirements PC
- Please check the Unsupported Systems List before purchasing.
- ExpressCard 54 or 34 equipped PC
- Windows XP and Vista
- Drivers must exist for any PC Card being used
- System Requirements Mac
- ExpressCard 54 or 34 equipped Mac (ie. MacBook Pro)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (NOTICE: The DuelAdapter does not support Apple SNOW LEOPARD software upgrade)
- Mac OS X 10.5 (no drivers required)
- Mac OS X 10.4.8 (on CD-ROM)
- Mac OS X 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 drivers are available for download from Duel System's download site.
- Drivers must exist for any PC Card being used
- DEVICES KNOWN NOT TO WORK
- Village Tronic has informed their customers that their VTBook product does not work with the DuelAdapter.
- SYSTEMS KNOWN NOT TO WORK
- The following systems have ExpressCard firmware issues and are known not to work with the DuelAdapter. Some other ExpressCard equipped computers may also have compatibility issues, this list is by no means comprehensive.
- Allienware M5550
- Allienware M5551
- Dell Latitude 131L
- HP/Compaq DV2416US
- HP/Compaq DV6000 Series Models
- HP/Compaq DV9000 Series Models
- Nobilis N4026
- Sony VAIO VGN-CR123 E
- Sony VAIO VGN-CR203 E
- Sony VAIO VGN-F2180 E/B
- Toshiba Satellite A205 6468
- Toshiba Satellite P205
- Toshiba Satellite S4607
- Toshiba Satellite S4807
- Toshiba Satellite X205
- Macs Running Mac OS X 10.6 and above
- Bus Interface
- Host: ExpressCard
- Peripheral: PCMCIA 32-Bit PC CardBus Cards
- Peripheral: PCMCIA 16-Bit PC Cards
- Host: ExpressCard 34
- Peripheral: up to Type II PCMCIA PC Card
- Up to the full ExpressCard specification (x1 PCI Express)
- Limited by maximum data rate of PC Card used
- PCMCIA PC Card Compatibility
- 16-Bit PCMCIA PC Cards
- 32-Bit CardBus PC Cards
- Wide Area Network cellular cards
- 802.11a/b/g wireless LAN cards
- ATA Flash Cards and Drives
- Port expansion cards
- Ethernet LAN cards
- Memory cards
- Modem cards
- Package Includes
- DuelAdapter ExpressCard to PC Card Adapter
- 1-year limited warranty and support card
- Product registration card
- Driver CD-ROM
- Install Guide
- Physical Characteristics
- Dimensions Interface Module: 34 x 110 x 15mm
- Dimensions Interconnect Cable: 225 x 6mm diameter
- Dimensions PC Card Module: 72 x 141 x 26mm
- Weight: 115g (approximate)
- Electrical Characteristics
- Meets all PCMCIA and ExpressCard requirements
- 3.3V ± 0.3V @ 500mA (max.) directly from ExpressCard socket
- Approvals: UL, CE, FCC, RoHS
All specifications and prices subject to change without notice. All
trademarks and trade names referenced are properties of their
respective owners. © Copyright 2010 Synchrotech and
EverythingHerePlus.com, all rights reserved. Reproduced with